Facebook Just introduced their new email service Yesterday and it is little bit confusing. They said It’s NOT actually an email, but a communication system consisting Seamless Messaging, Conversation History and Social Inbox. OK let me simplify this: They are combining Texts, chat and email together in one simple conversation called “Messages” which will enable simple, real-time messaging.
- Get Facebook messages, chats and texts all in the same place.
- Control who can send you messages through your privacy settings
- See everything you’ve ever discussed with each friend as a single conversation.
- No need for subject lines or other formalities
- Easily leave large conversations that no longer interest you.
- Messages from unknown senders and bulk email go into the Other folder
How to Get or Register your New Facebook Email Account?
Facebook will automatically invite you when you request for an Invitation to do so you will have to goto the below custom page set up by Facebook which enables users to upgrade their messaging system.
Facebook said that users would have to wait to be invited. So please wait patiently. Facebook will automatically set your email address using your previous username ie facebook.com/username.