A few weeks back I received a friend request from an unknown hot girl on Facebook and being stupid I quickly added her.
Guess what? this girl turns out to be a scammer.
After adding this sexy girl to my Facebook friends list, I started getting frequent hi, hello messages from her to which I responded casually.
And then one day she messages me saying, she wants to send me her nudes and for this, she needed my email address.
The thing is she could have easily got my email from my Facebook profile or she could have just sent the pictures in messenger, However, she only wanted my email address and make sure that I give her my active email address.
I have also seen some people commenting on her photos and scraping cell phone numbers and even their physical addresses,.. people are crazy.
You can read the full message that she sent me on Facebook below. Of course, I didn’t respond her Back but if at all I had responded her with my email, let’s see what would have happened. No doubt the Girl is doing this for her own Benefit.
Once I send her my email address, she will email me with a virus program or a link containing a virus.
At this point, I will think that this is something of my interest and I would click that link or install that program. Since I installed the program, My computer will now act like a Zombie and in turn, I will mail a copy of this email to all my contacts automatically.
In short, the hot Facebook girl just used me to spread E-mail spam.
What is a zombie?
Zombie is a type of computer virus that infects your PC and causes it to send out spam emails.
The Hacker controls and uses your computer without you knowing it. They use your computer to send unsolicited — and possibly offensive — email offers for products and services.
The Zombie is planted on hundreds of computers belonging to unsuspecting third parties and then used to spread E-mail spam and because of this, it becomes very difficult to trace the zombie’s creator.
Zombies can also be used to launch a mass attack on any company or website.
How do I prevent my computer from becoming a zombie?
- Control What you Share: Spammers collect e-mail addresses from chatrooms, websites, and nowadays especially Social Networking websites. So you got to be very careful about what you share, whom you add as friend, and what you explore on Facebook. Never Scrap your Phone number or home address on facebook, this gives rise yet another big thing “Identity theft”.
- Never open unknown emails: Be cautious about opening any attachment or downloading any files from emails you receive. Don’t open an email attachment — even if it looks like it’s from a friend unless you are expecting it or know what it contains. If you send an email with an attached file, include a text message explaining what it is.
- Use good Antivirus software: Look for anti-virus software that recognizes current viruses, as well as older ones. I always recommend use AVG Free edition and if you have some money to throw use the Premium version.
- How to Hack Facebook Account?
- Facebook Hack Tool
- How to trace a fake Facebook account
- Get an IP address from Messenger App
- How to Trace Facebook Users Location
- Facebook fake account finder app
- Hack Facebook account online
- How to bypass Facebook password