This Trick is exclusive to Firefox User But also i have listed tricks for other Browsers too(IF and Chrome). Don’t have Firefox? you are missing a lot on internet. Get yourself Firefox Now Click here to download. most of us have multiple email accounts and sometimes multiple accounts on the same email provider. personally i have 6 email accounts on yahoo!. But it becomes tedious task when checking mails, You will have to logout the previous account and again login with new account. Though many of us use messenger services to manage these kind of things. This trick is for those who love to read emails in their account itself. Believe me i never use any messenger services and i hate using it unless using it on mobile phones. Today i am going to introduce you to a Firefox extension that manages to tweak the browser so that we can login to multiple accounts on the same websites like facebook, gmail, hotmail, yahoo,. etc
CookiePie is a Firefox® extension enabling you to maintain different cookies storage in different tabs and windows for using multiple accounts (i.e: email) on each one.
Authors: Sebastian Wain & Mauro Asprea.
Contributors: Jeff Doozan, Danial Horton, bkenelly.
How to use it?
Just follow the steps given below:
- Install CookiePie Firefox Extension and restart your Firefox
- Create a new tab or use an existing one.
- Right click over the tab to open ‘context menu’ and select “Toggle On/Off CookiePie”.
- A Cookiepie icon will appear over the tab.
- Go to a site (e.g.: http://www.yahoomail.com) and login into your account.
- Create another tab and Enable CookiePie on that tab too.
- Log in with another account on the same site.
For Other Browsers
Internet Explorer 8 and above
Internet Explorer 8 comes with a New Session mode that allows you to start a new window with a brand new session.
- Open IE and go to the URl of the site and login with your first ID.
- Go to File->New session. This will open a new window.
- Navigate to the same site and you should be able to login with another ID.
Google Chrome comes with a incognito mode that allows you to login to two different instances of the same website.
- Login to the the website in Google Chrome.
- Click on the Tools icon and select New Incognito Window.(Ctrl + Shift + N)
- Navigate to the same website and you should be able to login with another user ID.
Still Confusing? Watch this Video!